When it comes to retaining wall designs, poured concrete has many benefits. Used in the construction of residential and industrial buildings, poured concrete is strong and durable.
Retaining walls hold back tons of soil and backfill. They should last for decades with few maintenance requirements. The retaining wall design must support robust strength and durability.
Retaining wall designs that last
Retaining walls stabilize the slope of the land. They provide flat surfaces where previously none existed. This allows homeowners to make better use of the space for gardens, patios, or even building extensions. The extra usable space and improved aesthetics will increase the property value.
Retaining walls also help to prevent soil erosion and correct drainage problems. They should stop uncontrolled water run-off and resultant damage to surrounding landscapes.
Because of these functions, a retaining wall must be strong, durable, and weather-resistant. Poured concrete involves pouring concrete into molds. Reinforcing bars are cast into the concrete to increase the tensile strength of the retaining wall. The molds are subsequently removed once the concrete has set. The concrete will continue to strengthen as it dries following installation. This leaves behind a solid wall that stands up against the forces of nature.
Thorough foundation preparation is crucial for a strong and durable concrete retaining wall. These walls are subject to ongoing and sometimes extreme environmental stresses. A cantilever retaining wall design can hold back a great amount of soil. It uses the soil’s weight to hold the footing in place.
Learn more about Xpress Engineering’s affordable Engineering Retaining Wall Designs, our Concrete Retaining Wall Designs, or Request a Retaining Wall Design for your own project.
The benefits of poured concrete retaining walls
Concrete retaining wall designs offer many benefits, including:
- Poured concrete is the strongest of all retaining walls. This is the reason that they’re used for big infrastructural projects such as bridges.
- Concrete resists structural damage that could result from floodwaters or an earthquake.
- Concrete is durable and will last for centuries. It is almost indestructible under normal circumstances.
- Concrete is versatile. You can build a wall of almost any shape and even include a bench, a planter, or a staircase in the retaining wall design.
- Made largely from naturally occurring materials, concrete is environmentally friendly.
If you’re looking for a retaining wall design that is strong, durable, and beautiful, consider a poured concrete wall.
For more info see:
Leave A Comment